Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Coan Phillipi Week 5 + NEW BELT



Listen.  I know.  I don't lift heavy enough for a belt, especially this new, giant, beautiful beast of a belt.  Fuck you.  Someday I will, and this belt will help me not get injured in the journey to lift heavy enough to actually need this belt.

Or something.

Anyway, back to the grind.  Dropped two pounds over the course of the holiday, but my weight fluctuates a good 2-3lbs on any given day, so whatever.  That's the weight of a solid shit, so I'm not putting much credence into it right now.  I should be inching up on the scale, but as long as I keep inching up on the weight I'm lifting I'm not going to get too concerned.

That said, I tried to mix protein powder into my oatmeal this morning because IDK I'm a fucking idiot?  It was awful.  Full blown grossest thing I've tasted in a long time.  And it was protein powder I actually like.  There are some fucked up blogger palates out there you guys.  So groce.

Anyway, back to the grind.

Prescribed workout:

Week 5

Deadlift (80%): 3x3 @ 170 lbs
Speed deadlift (65%): 3x3 @ 140 lbs (120 sec rest b/w sets)
Power shrugs (60% of current): 3x5 @ 110 lbs
Stiff-leg deadlift: 3x5
Bent over row: 3x5
Underhand (reverse) grip lat pulldown: 3x5
Arched back good morning: 3x5

Actual workout:

Week 5

Deadlift (80%): 3x3 @ 170 lbs
Speed deadlift (65%): 3x3 @ 140 lbs (120 sec rest b/w sets)
Power shrugs (60% of current): 3x5 @ 110 lbs
Stiff-leg deadlift: 3x8 @110lbs
Bent over row: 3x8 @80lbs
Chin ups: 3x8


Somehow we got the memo about shrugs being only 5 reps, but not the rest of it.  Oh well.

As you can see, I sub out lat pulldowns for chin ups.  This is pretty common with the program, based on what equipment you have.  I also skip the arched back good mornings because my lower back is stupid.

After a week of basic sloth and gluttony, I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do my solo work.  My twice a week training sessions are easy.  While difficult, they're ingrained.  And knowing my training is there waiting for me, and I don't have to think, just lift, makes it easy.  The idea of walking in to my boxing gym solo and doing self directed lifts after work tonight sounds like more effort than I'm willing to exert.

I need to recognize that questioning going should be enough to get me out the door, because there will be days when going isn't even an option, so I should save my laziness for those days.  I have goals.  To reach them I have to not be a lazy piece of shit.  I have days off.  Many days off.  But today does not need to be one of those days.

1 comment: