Sunday, December 16, 2012

Reading Comprehension Fail




9.08 in 1:15.40

Splits (bracket are for the half miles):  9:30, 9:04, 9:23, 9:25, [9:48], 7:35, 7:26, 7:29, 7:10, [7:34]



My goal half marathon pace was 7:51.  I was worried that wasn't realistic, so I did the math and figured out that as long as I came in under 8:30 per ...

Hold on.

I just re-read what the above picture said.  "at marathon pace."  Which would be slower than  my half marathon pace.  Wow.  Reading comprehension fail.

I guess it doesn't matter, since I fucking SLAUGHTERED the second half of my run.  It was hard.  I could feel it in my stomach.  I knew I could slow down, pull back, that I probably should.  But it felt amazing to just let loose.  We'll see what this does to my legs tomorrow, but oh, man, it was fucking rad.



This is the furthest I've ran since the trail half I did, and the fastest I've ran since...I don't even know.  I really don't know.  It's good to know the speed isn't all gone.  And it's good to know the speed still feels awesome.

I still don't know if a 7:51 pace is going to work for this half.  It's a month away, and the second half of tonight's run wasn't sustainable for another 8.6 miles.  Maybe it would have been if I'd been going 7:51 instead of trying to stay under it?  I have no idea.

2 comments:

  1. The words half and marathon were really close to each other. Do I need to send the screen caps larger?

    You did kinda rock that run though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty strong! I bet you could still pull a 7:51 for the half.

    ReplyDelete