Wednesday, November 28, 2012

No One Is Perfect



"It looks like two dude docking."

This is what my trainer says, looking at Sky's shirt, halfway through our workout last night.

Personally, I don't see it.  And my trainer sure brings up "docking" a lot.

Anyway.

The Workout:

x3
10 dumbbell cleans, emphasis on form, minimal whining about how it would feel better with a barbell

x3
Holding one dumbbell between your hands, squat elbows to knees (BACK STRAIGHT!), curl dumbbell x number of times, stand back up.  X = 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

x3
5 per position, per leg, with curl and press at the top: front lunge, side lunge, twisty backward lunge

x3
10 per side one leg cable machine curl with a weird yoga type move (I assume everything has a name, but I can't be bothered to learn them, since I only list these out so I'll remember them later if my trainer ever dies in a firey auto crash, or I get too poor to be able to afford personal training and have to try to do this shit on my own)
10 per side weighted step ups

x1
Attempt at pull up.  Gone.  Fuck.



I don't know where this wrist bruise came from, but it was something last night, since I have a matching pair.

My trainer has promised we'll have a barbell next week, and we're going to slowly add bumped plates (that shit is expensive, yo).  Which means we can finally start properly working on heavy lifts again.  Fuck yeah.  We won't have enough bumper plates right away to work on my deadlifts (too light mother fucker), but we can work on front squats and proper bench presses, plus real cleans.  *swoon*

Gratuitous side shot:



Random pet peeve: You're perfect just the way you are.

Bullshit.

Everyone can improve.  Every single person can be better.  That doesn't make you a failure, but even entertaining the idea that you don't need to improve yourself, allowing yourself to remain stagnate in whatever you're doing, is depressing.  The drive to better ourselves is wonderful, and should be celebrated and embraced.  You can like who you are, but you should always also want to be better.

Also:  I emailed/commented on the blog of the two people who won my weirdo contest thing.  Congrats Heather and Jan[et].  Everyone else, thanks for your stories.  I read them all.  I'm just really crappy about replying.



5 comments:

  1. You mean to tell me my mom has been lying to me all these years? I thought I was perfect because she said so. I guess not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. damnit I didn't win? oh well. next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am perfect! DAMMIT. Why do you have to ruin everything!!!

    I'm the same way with you. I can't use precious brain space remembering the names of moves when somebody else is telling me to do them. I probably COULD if I tried really hard, but really. Why bother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, I am going back to bed right now. I totally woke up feeling perfect and now I realize my whole life has been a sham. Damn it!

    I think the sweat looks more like some kind of crazy dog. I guess sweat is just like clouds. Everyone sees something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quitting my Oregon life, moving in with you (I'm bringing my pets and Shawn) and I'm just going to hang out and work out with you. Okay? Great! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete