Wednesday, July 18, 2012

“You can't think decently if you're not willing to hurt yourself” -Wittgenstein





I ran to work yesterday.  I needed to get a morning run in, and my brother needed to borrow my car.  It seemed like the logical way to do things. 

I brought two hand towels and a change of clothes.  I have to rig my backpack so it wasn't flopping everywhere.  It restricted my shoulder movements a little bit, so I should probably look in to getting a real running pack if I plan on doing this on a regular basis.

I took the long way in so I could get 6.2 miles and be done with running for the day.  I've mentioned this before, but it's weird to run a path I normally bike.  The miles do not just fly by.  They drag.  I'm sure it being morning didn't help.  It's best when I have no other choice but to run in the morning.

I got to work and was, of course, super sweaty.  I stripped down in the bathroom, ran one towel under the faucet, and gave myself a pretty thorough whore's bath.  The only thing I couldn't really get clean was my hair.  Not without sticking my head under the sink at least, which I might be willing to try in the future.  Otherwise, the hand towel did a pretty good job.  I used a second towel to dry off, and I was ready to start the day.

The run was an added boost I needed, since yesterday I cut out caffeine to try to sleep better.  I'm officially on two full weeks of shitty sleep.  First, it was just waking up early.  Then, waking up early plus waking up repeatedly throughout the night.  Good times.  I've tried a handful of things.  Seeing what sticks.  Last night I only woke up 3 or 4 times that I remember, and "slept in" past 7am.  So, I hunted down some decaf coffee, since I like the taste of coffee and the morning ritual.

The upside is, I rarely get physically addicted to things, so I had a few baby headaches yesterday, but nothing else.

After work I jogged to my trainer's house.

Workout

Stretches:  Inch worm, twisted torso lunges, single leg roman dead lifts, bridges, etc

x3
20 multiplaner lunges which 16lb sledge hammer presses
10 (per arm) sledge hammer curls
10 bowler/speed skater move

x3
30 seconds weird rope dance
30 second straight arm rope slams
30 seconds double arm rope slams
5 (per side) speed side shuffles while being held back with an exercise band

Long, deep, painful, whimpering hip stretches.

My brother picked me up post-workout, and we headed to his new house.  There is a hole in the wall nearby that makes wraps, and then deep fries them.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8293/7594841654_7826f37104.jpg

Holy shit that was delicious.  Afterward I ate most of a deep fried twinkie, a deep fried snickers, and a s'mores wrap.  My body got a workout, so I didn't want my arteries to feel left out.

My training schedule allows for me to run anywhere from 0-2 miles today.  My hips have been bothering me since Monday, so I am stoked to be taking a zero running day.  Go team Rose!

10 comments:

  1. I kind of hate you for being able to eat that crap and still be so tiny! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep fried wraps, pork rinds! You should read a nutritional book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. deep fried wraps sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate how that no sleep thing can just build on itself and turn into a monster. First no sleep, then no sleep because stressing about no sleep...then waking up at night and not being able to fall back asleep because you're so stressed out about not sleeping...yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. That just looks nasty I gotta tell you. I rarely eat fried foods, and um no, I don't think I could have eaten that. But good for you I guess :)

    Nice job on running to work. I work almost 30 miles away, don't think that's a good option for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a hot dog in the wrap? That looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wraps look phenomenal. I realized that what my husband and I need is a deep fryer...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I wish I lived close to my work...you definitely get your workout in running or biking to work! No excuses, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted a deep fried wrap with a hot dog inside. I didn't even know how much I wanted it until now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still trying to process all that stuff you're eating - no wonder you had to talk about your pooping in the post that you are posting in the future. See what I did there? I pretended I didn't read this late and that I have ESP about what you will write next. You should post a photo of your dog in the next post. Yeah, do that!
    **I clearly read/comment out of order - and weeks after I've read things. Just work with me here!!

    ReplyDelete