Friday, July 13, 2012

"One of the most difficult of the philosopher's tasks is to find out where the shoe pinches." -- Wittgenstein

After a night of almost enough sleep, Thursday ended up being a pretty good day.

I looked adorable.  I ate well.  I did not feel like lying on the floor and napping even once.  A good day, considering the rest of the week, at least.









Workout:

A series of core stretches that have been added to my list of homework:

Bridges- 30sec
Single leg bridges- 30sec each side
Both legs to the ceiling pushing heals up- 30sec
Scissor- each leg 30sec holds each side.

Inch worms across the gym
20 lunges with torso twist
20 single leg roman deadlifts

x4
10 (per side) speed skater one leg things (the last time with weights)
20 kb swings

x4
10 lunge to one legged...something, there I tried to get my upper body and lifted leg parallel to the ground
20 reverse lunges

We had a long talk about trying to fit everything in.  He chided me for the day I biked home from training and tried to immediately run.  DUH it was going to be a shitty run.  We talked about balance a social life and home life with high levels of physical activity.  He's frustrated with my desire to keep as much biking in my week as possible.  I want to be able to do everything, okay?  And I'm not ready to give up that possibility yet.  But, I probably will be soon.  I feel like if I can get back to 8-9 hours of sleep a night, everything will feel easier.

With that in mind, I hit an easy run when I got home from the gym.



3 miles @ 8:54

Each miles was faster, and each mile felt better.  It was humid out, but there was a cool breeze, and I was enjoying myself.  Let's hope that feeling holds.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE days like that - they can brighten up a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it keeps up! Trying to do it all is hard. Feeling like you could do more is hard. Being a type A person is hard (I assume).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wonder how many other trainers have to tell their people to ease up on working out haha. I'm betting "Slim to none" as the answer.

    ReplyDelete