Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nut Up or Shut Up

I guess I'll stop being an asshole and update my blog.

I took a three day break this weekend.  I had a friend in town, I still haven't been sleeping well, and I was sore as fuck.  Everyone wins!

Shit I did instead:












Outside the Museum of Death in Hollywood.



Monkeying around at the Old Zoo.

Griffith Park Observatory.

I am a child.

But at least my socks were appropriate.

Ethiopian food.

Hiking in Griffith Park.


And then it was Monday.  I was still tired and sore, but I had 12 miles burning a hole in my pocket.  After work I suited up and headed out.  Thankfully, there was a break in the heat, so I wasn't sweating to death.  My guts didn't get the "it's cool" memo, so I spent the middle six miles gasping in pain, clutching my stomach, and slowing to a walk every 250m or so.  Sharp, awful stomach pain.  Stabby.  And then, against my better judgement, I took a chance on a fart.  Odds were in my favor.  I should have shit my pants, but instead it was just gas.  So, yeah.  Fucking awesome.  Still hurt, but I farted my way home, at which point the gas magically cleared up.  Bodies are stupid.  But I knocked out 12.4 miles. 

And then today, I dragged my cracker ass to the gym.

Workout:

Stretches:  Inch worms, twisty lunges, single leg roman deadlifts

x4
10 chest-to-floor push ups
10 (per side) weighted split leg squats

x4
20 reverse lunges with shoulder presses at the bottom of the lunge
5 (per leg) weird things where I laid on my side and bent one leg and push pressure against my trainer's hand?  I don't know.  It sucks.

x3
20 second per leg single leg planks
15 (per leg) toe touch crunches

It was a lot of stupid stretchy stuff.  I did my best to whine, but man, I've been a bucket full of bullshit when it comes to training for the last few months.  Downer City, yo.

I need to nut up and deal with it.





7 comments:

  1. Sometimes you've just got to kick yourself in the arse to get back in the zone. Hope you find your mojo.

    Always enjoy it when I can steal phrases from your blog to improve my phraseology. "Bucket full of bullshit" is definitely going into my regular rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great weekend! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ethiopian platter looks like the perfect meal. Oh how I love ethiopian food....

    Your blog looks great! Guess I haven't left my reader in a while to comment, cause I'm just noticing now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate split leg squats. I'm bothered also by their similarity to lunges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always climb tall things when wearing short skirts. Good call :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ethiopian food is so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So in Walt Disney World they have "Reflections of Earth". Every time they make the countdown announcement I have to talk over it and call it Reflections of Your Anus. This might be one reason we are friends!

    Will you take me to the Museum of Death????

    ReplyDelete