Friday, July 6, 2012

I Hate Coming Up With Titles

Wednesday:



Track.  My trainer invited me out so he could kick my ass, make me whine, and get some initial stats on me, to see how I progress with the whole running thing over the next 42 weeks of our plan.

400m @ 73, 76, 77, 79, 81, 79, 79, 77. 

Fastest 400m I ever ran.  Having my trainer here, shit, having him invest this much time in me in general, puts a lot of pressure on me.  This was off the clock.  He bought the books he's using just for me.  I want to do well so he doesn't think he wasted his time.

Every loop around the track I felt panicky for at least the last 100m.  I don't know if it was just discomfort, and me reacting to that.  I'm still not used to pushing hard.  I'm not used to feeling uncomfortable while running.  If I want to get faster for shorter distances I'm going to need to get used to feeling uncomfortable, I think.



=====================

Thursday:

Woke up and ran 3 miles on my treadmill.  The second mile was bothering my hips.  I slowed down for the third mile, but the hip pain wasn't going away, so I cut the run short and planned on doing the remaining three after my workout.

Workout:

x2
10 inchworms
20 single leg roman deadlifts

x4
30 seconds ring rows
30 seconds ring push ups
10 jumping squats

x3
10 (per side) raised single leg squats
10 inclined chest presses

Lots of awful, painful, helpful stretches.

My trainer chided me about:
-whining
-my diet
-taking rest when I need it

Oh, hey.  Diet.  Again.  Yup.  I need to eat better.  More complex carbs.  Planning meals out so I don't eat hummus on toast as dinner 3 nights a week.  Eating *enough*.  Getting un-lazy is tough.

My trainer also reminded me that we're ramping up this running thing fast and hard, so it's really important for me to listen to my body and take time off when I need to so I don't ruin anything.

He also told me I need to start stretch, all the time.  I fucking hate stretching.  Ug.

Being realistic, these are easy tweaks that will help me do my best out there.  Eat right for what I'm doing.  Stretch before and after I run.  Yup.  Easy.  *sigh*

And I haven't hopped on my bike this week.  Fuck.

5 comments:

  1. Does your trainer write a diet plan for you or just kinda give suggestions? Just curious =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about getting comfortable with being uncomfortable! Just think, you only have to do this 46 more years.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome and awful all at the same time. I wish I had a coach/trainer. I know I need someone to push me harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to borrow your trainer. I need somebody to nag me...
    Killer workout btw. You are scary fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummus and toast sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete