Thursday, February 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Run: 3 miles, middle mile HARD.

Time: 23:51
Middle mile: 6:38
HR: Hit 199

Running hard SUCKS. I was dreading it. The whole first mile I spent wishing I didn't have to do the second mile. The hard mile.

And then it was time. And I had to get my ass in gear. And my body played games. "Maybe you shouldn't have been eating pork rinds a few hours ago. Maybe your hip hurts. Maybe your knee hurts. Maybe it's too difficult to breathe."

Yeah. None of those things. It was fine. It could have been worse. It could have been better. It could always be better. I can always do better.

=======================

My awesome blog friend Jan and I did a post-holiday gift exchange. She clearly knows me well, because she sent me awesome socks. All of them all tall, thick, and warm. I love them.



Thank you, Jan!

=======================

I'm trying to work on pull ups every day. Some days it doesn't happen. Okay, more days than not it doesn't happen. I keep forgetting that I can do them. And they're hard. One, I can do. Starting in immediately on the second one, BAM. I'm really not used to doing difficult moves in the privacy of my own home, without a hugely muscular man yelling at me.

But, it will get easier, eventually. No, no, I need to channel my tri coach. It won't get easier, I'll just be able to do more of them. And it will be worth it.

I look forward to the day when I can be doing drunken pull ups at a party. Maybe that should aim for this to be my Halloween goal.

8 comments:

  1. I did a hard run yesterday too, but only out of frustration. They are good to blow off steam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/banana

    Is this your retaliation for getting Weezer stuck in your head yesterday? Not cool, Rose, not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love good, hard runs. As much as I hurt after, I feel like I really accomplished something. And those socks are exactly what I need today....they look all toasty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Druken pull ups at one of your halloween parties... I would love to see pics and or video of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn woman! 6:30s! Drunken pullups could be a money maker too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow nicely done, 3 miles in 23 minutes, that's amazing! I really need to work on my speed....I'm so not even close to being that fast! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time! *sings*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks look like a little blue slice of heaven!

    ReplyDelete