Thursday, January 12, 2012

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I did not want to work out today. Not even one bit. I was fine at work, but as soon as 5pm hit I wanted to curl up and go to bed. Still catching up on sleep I guess.

But, not an option. So, I headed to the pool.



20 minutes. Easy.

I spent half the swim thinking about how much I hate swimming and how much I suck at it and how I don't want to do triathlons.

The second half of the swim I spent thinking about how I would fit more training in for a long triathlon.

Yeah. 20 minutes can be a long ass time.



I forgot to pack my flip flops, and I wasn't going to put my stupid boots back on, so I walked back to the car like this. Pure class.



===============

Next up, bike time! That exclamation mark is a lie. I still wanted to curl up and go to sleep. I smelled like chlorine. I couldn't be bothered to tie shoes, so I biked in my house slippers.



30 uneventful minutes later.



Oh, you see my brother on the bike?



Shoeless, he still kicked my ass. And he's not training. Ug.

Ug. Ug. Ug. That sums up my feelings right now. I'm tired. I need to work more with gears on the bike. I've been ignoring that, which means I haven't been pushing myself hard enough. I wore myself out this weekend, too.

10 comments:

  1. biking in slippers is awesome! At least you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too shabby in the swim suit. If I hadn't three kids I would have a stomach to be proud of :)

    Some days I don't feel like doin' jack either. I just go through the motions to get it done. I usually never mind swimming but sometimes the idea of a 6 mile run can wear me down. I have no idea but it feels like "why bother"

    Like the swim cap. Pretty pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest days are like training...muscles need time to build!

    Gotta love the pool...it is one a the few moments in my life that I shut up and just focus on me! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sky got off the couch!!!

    You're just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swimming is my favorite and I have to force myself on the bike! Everyone has preferences I guess! My mind does wander a lot during the laps too though! I just set up my trainer and actually had a few questions for you...is yours loud and is it a smooth ride? I'm not sure if I did it right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother is like that to (although he is 19). We ran a half together last year and he beat me by almost 45 effing minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best thing about a spin bike - no gears. Too bad you can't spin your way through the bike part of a tri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest up!!! :D You sound tired. Ick.

    Also...your back looks amaaaaaazinnnnng! I bet those lats help with your swimming :D

    ReplyDelete