Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Name Our Ragnar Team!

(I'm cribbing this straight from the source, yo. I drove 5 hours and 50 minutes yesterday, back to California. Phoenix was lovely, and I'm a far of the area, but it was hard to appreciate everything when I was resting up pre- or lounging around post- race.)

Your opinion has never mattered more.

We’ve collected 18 awesome runners from all over Southern California and created two Ragnar Relay teams – an Ultra team and a 12-man team – both presently nameless.

Anonymous.

18 Jane Does.

Y’all accepted our challenge and came up with some AWESOME suggestions – nearly 200 of them, actually. We picked our top 10 favorites, and are leaving the ultimate decision back in your hands.

Choose wisely – remember this will be plastered all over our shirts, blog-land, and sharpie’d on the face of the first person to fall asleep in my van (I am a 12 year-old slumber partier at heart).

Not to mention what they’ll call out when we cross the finish line on Coronado Island – I don’t anticipate a lot of other teams being there yet to hear it, but the spectators will ;)

SkinnyRunner, Chacha, Margot, Once Upon A Lime, Pam, HauteRunningMama

Heather, Becka, The fabulous ME, Kat

PrettyFittie, Kate & Ang, Monica, BrokeRunner

Madison, Elisabeth, Danica

Vote as many times, for as many names, as your little heart desires. Voting will close (and our teams will FINALLY be named) Friday (9/30) at midnight PST.

Oh, and in case you forgot – there is a ridiculously awesome prize pack for the brains behind the winning names – Mission Skincare, iTunes gift card, Gu, Competitor Magazine, hand-knit infinity scarf, SkinnyRunner shirt, etc etc ad nauseum. So much cool shit, that’s what you’ll win.

GO VOTE HERE!

6 comments:

  1. I voted for more cowbell. Always more cowbell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the un-sausage fest isn't winning. I have to keep voting!

    The one pulling in the lead is all over One More Mile merchandise. Sausage fest isn't! So go sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote has been cast already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted. Those are some awesome names.

    ReplyDelete
  5. voted. I'm loving the ruM one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you get to meet one of the few bloggy friends that I've met in real life! Madison! This should be very interesting.....

    ReplyDelete