Monday, September 12, 2011

Brick and Friends

Monday's workout was 45 min bike, 10 min run, bricked together.

My Monday was...I was dragging myself along. I had friends in town, so I wasn't getting a lot of sleep. The cat's on a different schedule from us, so she's waking me up early every morning. Very tired Rose. And my back has been bothering me.

So, I took things easy. I biked. I didn't go slow, but I didn't push myself. I just went. And then the run. It was...wonderful. Easy and lovely.

I didn't take any pictures for the blog. One of those days. Just getting a workout out of the way.

=============

Over the weekend, my best friend since before I have memories, Sonja, came to visit. She brought her husband Chris, who is also awesome.

I picked them up Friday, and we hit up the La Brea Tar Pits.



Contrary to the toys they sell in the gift shop, there are no dinosaurs!



Chris hugging a giant turd monster.



Saturday we went to an Angels/Yankees baseball game. I read Reddit on my phone and ate hot dogs and cotton candy. Everyone else watched the game. Ha.



Sunday we were supposed to hike Mt. Baldy, but there was a chance of lightning. Sonja studies/chases lightning, and she said it would be bad for if she got struck by lightning, so we canceled that hike. Instead we had a lazy morning. When things cleared up we winged a closer hike.



Apparently we picked a place where they filmed M*A*S*H.



Chris and I did some advanced rock hopping.



Yay.



I did managed to half fall in a lake, but I only got one shoe wet, so I consider that a score. Plus, I figure, I can do open water swims in the lake if I ever do another triathlon.



It was a great visit. I don't get to see them nearly often enough.

===========

What do you think about wearing scrubs/pajamas when you fly?

Do you climb all over random things when you hike, or do you stay on the trail?

5 comments:

  1. I always stay on the trail. I'm afraid of what I'll find off the trail. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore big fuzzy slippers to the airport last time I flew. Regular street clothes, but my feet were comfy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is EXACTLY what I'd do at a baseball game. I just couldn't. Care. Less. Drives my husband crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to say I'm a trail girl, but that's mostly 'cause the places I've hiked as of late have had steep cliffs and if you get off the trail you end up inside of a volcano, or sliding down the side of one.

    My mom calls the 5K "we" did in Disney the Tar Pit run because she knew we were all meeting at the La Brea bakery after ... and you were going to be a dino. But now we know the dino theory is wrong! Huh - why does everything lead us to think dinos are/were there?? I've never been. :(

    ReplyDelete