Monday, August 15, 2011

The Ballad Of A Weekend

My dog is going to sing you the ballad of my weekend.



Okay, not really. I'm not THAT creative. But I think all dogs should play accordion.

Friday I went for a run, on my favorite trail, taking the long loop with the death hill. I wore my tri suit, because duh.



Every fucking time I run there, I fall head over heels. In love with running.



Even when it's hot an awful out there, it's fucking LOVELY.



Even when I've been running uphill for like 10 minutes already, and I still have a practically 90 degree incline, it's awesome.



I think this tri training is doing me some good. The death hill still kicked my ass, but, you guys? It wasn't nearly as bad as any other time I've done it. Score.



And the views from the top rock my socks.





Crazy sweat dripping down my arm? Check.



Rattlesnake? Check OH HOLY SHIT THAT'S A RATTLE SNAKE!!!!!



It was curled up on the side of the path. Two women waited for me to catch up to them so they could point it out. Very kind of them. Ug. Rattlesnakes. Fuck them.

And then I was done.




=================

Sunday was swim day. And, I've been getting bored with taking pictures of myself in a bathing suit, so here are some quick tips for better bathing suit pictures.

Tip #1: Don't Pick Your Nose On Camera.



Tip #2: Make Sure You're Actually In The Frame.



Tip #3: When In Doubt, Dance Like Pee Wee Herman.



Tip #4: Alternatively: Thriller.



The swim kind of sucked. I was hungry, and had to do tarzan drills. Blarg. But, I went, and I did it, and it was hard, and I whined, and I finished. The end.

I love how my goggles make it look like I haven't slept in three years.



This is pretty much exactly how I felt post-swim.



The End.

=================

Do you have any tips for bathing suit pictures?



What's the weirdest animal you've seen while out exercising?

9 comments:

  1. You drive home from the pool still wet? That's uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bathing suits. Pictures. Me. This combo RARELY exists!!

    I saw armadillos a lot in Florida. And some white peacocks. Those were kind of crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice for bathing suit pictures? DON'T TAKE THEM. hahahaha Unless I looked like you, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The run. Nice! The rattlesnake. Not nice!

    Don't have any bathing suit tippies. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the craziest animal/rodent I have ever seen while running was one night I was going for a nice hard run on River Trails in Tulsa and was focusing on my breathing when all of a sudden this big @ss rat jumps out of the sewer hole and crosses right in front of me. He had to have been at least the size of a small dog...it scared the crap out of me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a very large pig when I ran by the dog park once. And then I ran home and too my dog back so she could see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's definitely gorgeous out there. Rattlesnakes, though...ugh. I saw a plain ol black snake on the trail the other day and it gave me the heebie jeebies. They even freak me out when I'm on my bike.

    I aim for lots of cleavage in my swimsuit pictures so as to distract from the big ass.

    I haven't seen any weird animals on a run, but I saw a fox once, and that was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete