Thursday, May 26, 2011

Half Run, Half Hills

Tuesday, after work, to make up for Monday's candy-lunch-debacle, I headed out to the trains to do a short run, then hills.

I love that driving up I can see the hill I climbed the first time I came here. I looked it up. It's called Castle Peak. Cool.



So, I wasn't looking as super adorable as normal. I figured, at the very least, I could look cute in comparison.

So, here is me looking AWESOME. Please compare this picture to all the others, to bring out my adorableness.



This run is SO PRETTY.



And, nobody was out and about. Usually after work the trail is littered with teenagers. I assume there's a high school nearby.



It's not all open fields.



I enjoy this run very much.



Also, anyone who thinks nature is quiet has never been out in it. Birds and bugs are LOUD.



The world's largest tin can.



Lost in the brush (please reflect back on ugly-picture so this picture looks more flattering).



Heading back.



It felt like about a three mile loop. The out was mostly slight uphill, which meant the back was lovely and slightly downhill.

-----------------------------------

Then it was time for hill work again.



Ascent number one.



It sucked. Not gunna lie.



Number 2.



Slightly better.



Until I got all light headed and crap. That's when I knew it was time to quit.

But, I did get my sweat on. And that's through TWO layers of fabric (well, three if you count the sports bra, but I don't).



I even got a little bit of back and butt sweat.



It's starting to look like I'll never be a professional butt photographer. *sigh*

--------------------

The Reebok Realflex continue to be shoes. My feet love anything, you guys. But, they grip fine, and I have yet to fall flat on my face. That's always a plus.

If you're looking to get some minimalist trail shoes, these might work. Or they might now. I don't know. They're fine for me. And "fine" is great, because it means I don't have to think about my feet. I'd only really know if shoes sucked if they left me in crippling pain (like the one time I tried to run 18 miles in brand new custom inserts because the people at the shoe store never told me I had to break them in. Whoops.)

--------------------

Do you have a strong shoe preference?

I don't. When I first started running I bought the cheapest tennis shoes I could find at Mervyn's. They were on clearance because one was half a size bigger than the other. Spoiler alert: I ran in them fine, and never had a problem. My feet love running, and love not sucking. It's dumb luck, but I can run in pretty much anything. Sorry.

Where do you buy stuff for running? A running store? A sporting goods store? El Internet?

11 comments:

  1. Yay, the "post a comment" box is back!!
    Nice butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The views during your run always look so similar to mine it's crazy. I'm always like, "Have I been there?"

    So jealous that you can run in any type of shoes. I have to buy special shoes at a running store. I buy most my other gear at running or sporting goods stores. I did order socks online yesterday. Heck yes $10 socks for $7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That trail is really pretty!!

    I don't run unless I absolutely have to ;) so I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to shoes. They must be relatively flat for lifting purposes, and wide because I have duck feet. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like everybody else - I like your trail. And your butt, actually, even though we only see part of it.

    And I don't think I'm picky about shoes. I just find something that feels comfy and go with it. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous that you can "run in anything." Whew! I can't wait to get new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved this! wow what a gorgeous place too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Rose, I'm missing in action here for awhile and look at your blog....it has grown! I buy my shoes and stuff at the local running store and online. I really love my brooks launch.

    Thanks for voting! You look great...pit stains and all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures (well...most of them)! Looks like a great place to get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a HUGE fan of Brooks shoes. But, they are almost all that I have ran in, so I'm biased for sure.

    Taking a picture of your own butt is HARD. Props for trying.

    ReplyDelete