Monday, March 14, 2011
Mini Goal Monday: Preperation Edition
Friday at 9pm I will be in Corona, CA, starting my 24 hour ultramarathon. OH GOD.
So, my goals this week are all about preparation.
1. Gather up things I will consume, including a case of coconut water, a crap ton of diet coke, some bananas, a jar of peanut butter, a few bottles of pepto (my stomach does not like early mornings), and a map to the nearest burger joint (running Rose loooooooooooove cold hamburgers).
2. Gather up my first aid kit. All things blister and chafe prevention. Sunscreen. Muscle relief stuff. Pain stuff. Note to self: Look online to see what else.
3. Gather up gear. Figure out what to wear, and how often I'll change. Changing up the outfit might be fun. I have cold weather pants that will be good for the overnight portion. Shorts for the day. Different tops to provide different support. A hat. Decide what kind of socks I want to wear, and how many to bring. Gather up all my shoes.
4. Prepare the entertainment. Figure out the best way to deal with my dying Nano, charge up my old shuffle, put audio books on the husband's ipod, put podcasts on the phone.
5. Prepare the additional electronics. Make sure I have all the cords and cables to charge all the electronics, plus the hardware to charge everything from my car battery. Figure out which laptop to bring, and make sure it has everything on it that I need.
6. Prepare post run kit. Pajama pants. Mountain of sleeping bags in the car. Flip flops. Compression socks.
7. Prepare extras. Figure out what costumes I plan on bringing to liven things up and keep myself entertained. Decide if I want to run laps in a wedding dress.
How do you prep for a big race?
Am I missing anything?